Education and Training Opportunities
Individual Training Accounts (ITA's) available to qualified individuals. Interested individuals need to register as a customer at BETC and attend an ITA Information Session.
Individual Training Account Policy WIB PB 3-18 ITA Policy Revised
The BETC - your critical link to training and support
Don't have the right skills for a particular job? No problem. We know how to pair you with the training you need.
- Skills Assessment
- Career Mapping
- HSE/TASC (High School Equivalency formerly GED)
- Training to upgrade math and reading skills
- Occupational skills training in a variety of fields
- On-the-job training
- Child care/transportation assistance during training
- Re-training for experienced workers
- Financial & tuition assistance
- Ongoing guidance and counseling
Results-oriented education and training
To stay competitive, companies demand workers with high math and reading levels, computer skills and other technical capabilities. In addition, growth in the service sector of our economy has created hundreds of new job opportunities and a wealth of new career paths for individuals with the "right stuff."
If you supply the desire, we will make sure you acquire the rest (even if you have limited/no experience, been laid off, or permanently lost your job.)
Our educational programs are designed to help you compete effectively for job openings. Our staff will help you set your employment goals, develop your talents, market your skills and, if necessary, direct you to the education you need to succeed.
Customized training for peak performance
Our education services are customized for your personal needs. Perhaps you only need to brush up on your math and reading, or English is your secondary language, the BETC has equivalency courses available to with proficiency. If you want to pursue a career requiring additional training, we can help as well.
The BETC - your critical link to training and support
A combination of classroom and hands-on training is available in numerous skills categories to help prepare you for positions in the work place. From Metalworking to Practical Nursing, from Eye Wear Dispensing to Administrative Support, you can be sure the training you're taking remains consistent with what employers want from candidates. Courses vary in length. While in training you receive free books, tools, supplies and reference materials. You may also qualify for free child care and weekly financial assistance to pay for meals, transportation and other expenses while furthering your education.
Financial assistance and support while you're in school
That's why we're here - to do whatever we can to help you achieve your employment goal - developing the skills you need to help you enter the employment mainstream.
Information on Supportive Service Policy - LWIB PB 2-18 Supportive Services Policy-Revised
Buffalo & Erie Co. List of High Demand Occupations
- Automotive Technicians
- Bill and Accounts Collectors
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, And Auditing Clerks
- Carpentry, Construction Workers, Weatherization
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Clinical Lab Scientist/Medical Lab Technologist
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Community Health Worker
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Cooks, Restaurant
- Customer Service Representatives
- Dental Assistants
- Dental Hygienists
- Diagnostic Medical (Ultra) Sonographer
- Direct Support Professionals
- Electrical Helpers
- Electrical/Industrial Electrician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Executive Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- First Line Supervisors/ Managers of Food Prep and Serving Workers
- Food Manufacturing Technicians
- Front Desk Operator/Clerk
- Health Information Technician
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Janitors and Cleaners
- Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses (LPNs)
- Mechanic/ Manufacturing
- Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical Assistants
- Medical Records and Heath Information Technicians
- Medical & Health Services Manager (Practice Facilitator/Practice Manager)
- Medical Coders
- Medical Secretaries
- Mental Health And Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Numerical Tool and Process Control Programmers
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Physical Therapists/Physical Therapy Assistants
- Production Operator/Distribution Worker
- Quality Insurance Inspector/ Lab Technician
- Radiologic Technicians/ Technologists
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Respiratory Therapists
- Social & Human Service Assistants
- Sterilization Process Technician
- Surgical Technologists
- Truck Drivers, Heavy
- Welders & Cutters
Note: Educational opportunities are limited to careers in jobs that are considered in demand by the New York State Department of Labor. This list provided may change based on market trends.
Your own personal trainer
We specialize in combining educational and job search services to guide people into today's most promising positions.
While completing training, our placement specialists navigate through the thousands of local job openings to find the job that best suits you. Once the list has been filtered, they will help prepare and personally coach you in your targeted job search which includes showing you how to project a confident, capable image at job interviews.
For more information, please view our Contact Us page for telephone and address information.