About us: The SUNY Erie Career Centers documented 1,214 job placements with a 74.8% Entered Employment Rate in 2019 with an average annual salary of $35,767 (includes those seeking part-time employment). Source: New York State Department of Labor, 7/18/2020.
We are OPEN VIRTUALLY Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. 6 p.m. and on Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to serve you. After the Executive Order to close, the SUNY Erie Career Centers pivoted quickly to convert all of our existing resume workshops and networking events to virtual formats through WebEx, which allows individuals video or phone appointments without having to download new or special software. New customer orientations, interview skills, career coaching, networking meetings, Trade Act, resume and cover letter assistance, as well as other free job search services and resources are available virtually. Please contact us at 716-270-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for individualized assistance. Please leave a message and allow for a short response time (we will respond during the same business day in most circumstances). We look forward to connecting with you!
Free workshops, networking meetings, and other events to help you feel confident and productive.
You must be registered with New York State's Career Center system to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free resources. If you are not registered yet, please attend our virtual orientation workshop.
Virtual workshops such as Boost Your LinkedIn Profile, Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching, Tips for Video-Based Interviews, and Resumes and Cover Letters teach you what you need to know to succeed in today's challenging times. Our free virtual workshops are synchronous (live) which allow you to interact with our Career Coaches, ask questions, and receive lots of individual attention. Workshops and meetings include:
- Afternoon Networking Job Club: Meet others looking for work, share job-hunting experiences, build new contacts and receive advice.
- Boost Your LinkedIn Profile: Learn how to enhance your basic LinkedIn profile and why it is important for leveraging job calls.
- Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching: Learn tips to guide you in your job search.
- LinkedIn Review with Rashada: About this virtual appointment: This session is for individuals who are currently on LinkedIn and would like a constructive review of their LinkedIn Profile and Work History from Rashada Stewart, M.S., SUNY Erie Career Coach and Certified Professional Resume Writer. Prerequisite: you must have a LinkedIn account and be registered with our local workforce system to access our free career development services.
- Orientation for Career Center Jobseekers: Receive information about the cost-free services available to jobseekers from friendly and resourceful staff at the SUNY ERIE Career Center. This virtual workshop includes a presentation, introduction to staff, opportunities to ask questions, job search tips, and one-on-one time with a Career Coach.
- Time Management: Learn how to manage your time effectively to accomplish what is most important to you, meet deadlines, while reducing and managing stress.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Do you need a resume or a resume makeover? Let’s get to work!
- Tips for Video-Based Interviews: Learn how to switch gears from in-person interviews to virtual interviews.
- Trade Act Information: This virtual workshop will review Trade Act (TAA) program benefits, processes and services, including extremely important time sensitive deadlines. Only workers from companies certified with petitions should attend this workshop.
New York State’s Career Centers are proud to offer Priority of Service to Veterans and Eligible Spouses. If you served on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces, we will serve you first by the next available staff member; and give you first priority to any jobs or training for which you are eligible and qualified.
Funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). An equal opportunity employer/program. All One Stop Career Centers are handicapped accessible. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. A proud partner of the American Job Center Network.