The SUNY Erie Career Center is your hub for career support. Since our inception in 2000, we have successfully helped thousands of individuals make big career changes, develop confidence, get promoted and noticed, and much more. We can help you to do the same!
We're proud of our success! The SUNY Erie Career Center enrolled 2,471 individuals during its most recent program year and placed 1,480 individuals into employment with an average wage of $33,641. (Source: New York State Department of Labor. Job placements occurred between April 2017 and March 2018.)
Whether you have been out of the workforce for some time, are newly unemployed, or are underemployed, we're here to help! Come meet our professional, credentialed staff from SUNY Erie and other nonprofit agencies to help you obtain employment and upgrade your skills. Be a part of our success - call us today at 270-4444. All of our services are cost-free.
Why use a SUNY Erie Career Center Coach?
Career coaching helps you make informed decisions about your career development and trajectory, and offers you various tools you can use to distinguish yourself, such as resume assistance, goal setting, LinkedIn profiles and more. At the SUNY Erie Career Center, our Career Coaches take the time to listen to what you are saying as you define your career objectives and personal motivators, and work with you to create a pathway to success. Whether it is exploring your current options, preparing for a job interview, creating acareer plan, updating your resume for a promotion, preparing for a change within your industry, or a total career change, SUNY Erie staff can help you create positive steps to achieve success.
Our extended hours allow busy individuals like you to finish important tasks without some of the additional time constraints you see at many other agencies. The SUNY Erie North Campus One Stop is OPEN: Monday -Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All the necessary resources in our Career Center are available so you can focus on the things that matter most. Our no-cost career services include:
- Career coaching and job referrals
- Job postings and current Labor Market Information (LMI)
- Linkages and introductions to hiring employers
- A variety of career development, job readiness, networking, and personal enrichment workshops taught by subject matter experts
- Resume critiquing with constructive feedback for job seekers who just need a fresh set of eyes to review their existing resumes
- Beautiful resumes uniquely created with/for you by our highly trained staff
- Thursday networking job clubs facilitated by Career Center staff
- Grant funding for eligible students interested in-high demand careers
- Well-equipped Resource Room and computer lab with Microsoft Office 2016 and highspeed Internet access
- A clothing boutique with donated men’s and women’s business clothes for work or job interviews through partnerships with the community
- Job fairs and recruitment events on campus
- Postage for correspondence with hiring employers
- Trade Act services for eligible individuals
For more information on getting in touch with us, please visit our Contact Us page.
DOWNLOAD SUNY ERIE CAREER CENTER BROCURE (PDF): English | Spanish
Funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). An equal opportunity employer/program. All One Stop Career Centers are handicapped accessible. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. A proud partner of the American Job Center Network.