COVID 19 UPDATE
Our South Campus Career Center is currently 100% virtual (in-person appointments are not yet permitted). If you want to visit us at our North Campus Career Center (approximately 20 minutes from our South Campus location), here is what you need to know:
- Your safety is our priority! Masks are required with strict social distancing protocols.
- Registered participants should call their Career Coaches for an appointment. If you do not have a Career Coach yet, please call us at 716-270-4444. Same day appointments are often available.
- In-person career coaching appointments are available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Virtual career coaching appointments are available 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Thursday and on Fridays 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Individuals will be screened at the checkpoint on Tech Drive between Main Street and Wehrle Drive in Williamsville going in and out of the campus.
- Color-coded bracelets will be provided to campus visitors indicating they have been checked and have permission to be onsite.
- Constituents and food pantry visitors must let Security know that they are here for our Career Center.
- An app is being developed and will be ready soon for staff, constituents, and students. Individuals who don’t have the app will be provided with a phone number to call and answer screening questions.
- All workshops and group-based meetings will be virtual through WebEx until further notice.
Please contact Denise Raymond, Dean of Employment & Training Services II if you need additional information at email@example.com or 716-270-4444.
Cost-Free Virtual Assistance for Job Searching and Career Development serving constituents and businesses Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. 6 p.m. and on Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The SUNY Erie Career Centers serve constituents from more than 30 zip codes. When we closed due to COVID-19, our staff adapted our workshops, networking groups, and coaching appointments to virtual formats. We use WebEx, which does not require users to download special software. Phone appointments are also available for individuals who do not have access to a computer.
Southtown constituents may access new customer orientations, interview skills, career coaching, networking meetings, Trade Act, resume and cover letter assistance, as well as other free job search services and resources virtually. Please contact us at 716-27-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for individualized assistance. Please leave a message and allow for a short response time (we will respond during the same business day in most circumstances). We look forward to connecting with you!
Free workshops, networking meetings, and other events to help you feel confident and productive.
Virtual workshops such as Boost Your LinkedIn Profile, Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching, Tips for Video-Based Interviews, and Resumes and Cover Letters teach you what you need to know to succeed in today's challenging times. Our free virtual workshops are synchronous (live) which allow you to interact with our Career Coaches, ask questions, and receive lots of individual attention.
You must be registered with New York State's Career Center system to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free resources. If you are not registered yet, please attend one of our virtual orientation workshops. Current workshops include:
- Afternoon Networking Job Club
- Boost Your LinkedIn Profile
- Effective Strategies for Virtual Job Searching
- Getting Better Results with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- LinkedIn Review with Rashada
- Orientation for Career Center Jobseekers
- Resume and Cover Letters
- Time Management
- Tips for Video-Based Interviews
- Trade Act Information
New York State’s Career Centers are proud to offer Priority of Service to Veterans and Eligible Spouses. If you served on Active Duty in the United States Armed Forces, we will serve you first by the next available staff member; and give you first priority to any jobs or training for which you are eligible and qualified.
Funded under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). An equal opportunity employer/program. All One Stop Career Centers are handicapped accessible. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. A proud partner of the American Job Center Network.