How to Make Your Resume ATS Friendly 1 p.m.
Have you ever applied online for a position you thought you were perfect for, only to never hear back from the employer? Chances are that it may not have been seen by an actual human being at any point during the hiring process because of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). In this workshop, you will learn some ways to make your resume ATS friendly to avoid the dreaded ATS black hole. Workshop objectives:
- Learn how ATS technology works.
- Discover how keywords and job titles can strengthen your ATS applications.
- Learn the best resume styles for ATS.
- Find out how creating a position-specific narrative strengthens your resume.
- Learn better formatting techniques so the parsing process is not disrupted.
- Consider your strategy before applying for a job – people decide who they are going to hire, technology does not.
Taught by Denise Raymond-DiBlasi, M.S., CWDP, SUNY Erie Dean of Employment and Training Services II.
You must be registered with the New York State Department of Labor to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free workshops, events, and resources. If you are not registered yet, please attend our virtual orientation workshop. **Registration with your first and last name and a valid email address is required for workshops and networking events. Please register online at https://elinks.ecc.edu/onestop/ or call us at 716-270-4444 if you have questions. **
Funded under the Federal Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA). An Equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.