How to Make Your Resume ATS Friendly 1 p.m.
When a job candidate applies for a job online, most often, his or her resume is “parsed” or read by an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), a type of artificial intelligence that organizes and evaluates candidates. Learn about ATS technology and how to get your resume to rank higher within ATS software so that it will be seen by human decision-makers. Taught by Denise Raymond-DiBlasi, M.S., CWDP, SUNY Erie College Dean of Employment and Training Services.
You must be registered with New York State's Career Center system to access Erie County Career Centers' cost-free resources. If you are not registered yet, please register online for our Virtual Orientation at https://elinks.ecc.edu/onestop/.
1) Learn how ATS technology works.
2) Discover the best resume styles for ATS.
3) Learn how keywords and job titles can strengthen your ATS applications.
4) Think about your resume narrative.
5) Learn better formatting techniques so the parsing process is not disrupted.
6) Think about your strategy before applying for a job – people decide who they are going to hire, technology does not.
Funded under the Federal Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA). An Equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.